Last updated: 2017, May 24th
UrbanHello appreciates the importance of your personal data, and aims to do its utmost to ensure its protection: this document clarifies how and for what purposes we collect such data.
Please also refer to our General Conditions of Sale which must be expressly accepted by all Users prior to purchasing a Product.
The words and expressions starting with a capital letter have the meaning set out in the General Conditions of Sale appearing on-line on the urbanhello.com website.
Protection of Personal Data in accordance with the law:
UrbanHello undertakes to keep confidential the information provided on-line by the internet user, in particular the personal information guaranteed as genuine and accurate by the internet user.
The collection and processing of Personal Data, which takes place in the course of a User browsing the Website, is undertaken in accordance with Act No 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties, known as the "Information Technology and Liberties" Act.
UrbanHello has declared the processing of personal data to the CNIL (number: 1630508).
At all times, you have the right to access, amend, rectify or remove your personal data. To exercise this right, you simply do it via the "My Account" section of the Website or send your request by post to the address of the registered office of UrbanHello:
13, rue Saint Antoine
75004 Paris - France
Email address: p[email protected]
The Personal Data which we collect:
When the User interacts with UrbanHello via the Website or the mobile App, UrbanHello may collect Personal Data as well as other information, as detailed below:
- Personal Data upon registration: UrbanHello collects Personal Data when you create your Account on the Website: Email address, gender, surname, forename, date of birth, password (encrypted).
- Personal Data when an Order is placed: company (optional), delivery address, invoicing address, land line telephone No (optional), mobile telephone No (optional). UrbanHello does not collect information relating to the bank card number or other financial information. The banking details requested when a Product is purchased on the Website are not recorded.
- Personal Data in the use of the Products and mobile Applications: when the Products are used, UrbanHello collects personal data in order to operate the service linked to the used product.
By voluntarily providing Personal Data to UrbanHello, the User agrees that UrbanHello may use such data in accordance with this document and agrees to such data being transferred outside France and, where applicable, outside his country of residence if different.
UrbanHello uses the Personal Data which you provide in accordance with these confidentiality rules. UrbanHello can therefore use the Personal Data without limitation in accordance with this document notably in the following circumstances:
- Supply of the Product: UrbanHello uses your personal data in order to send your Product to you.
- Surveys, competitions and events: From time to time, UrbanHello may offer Users the opportunity to take part in surveys, competitions and other events. In choosing to take part, the User is required to provide UrbanHello with certain Personal Data.
- Sending out a newsletter, subject where applicable to the agreement of the User/consumer.
- Contact regarding new Products or Services: From time to time, UrbanHello may contact the User to announce the release of new Products or Services.
- Contact regarding special offers from UrbanHello: If the User chose this option when he registered, UrbanHello may contact him to present special offers from UrbanHello.
- Contact regarding offers from partners of UrbanHello: If the User chose this option when he registered, UrbanHello may contact him to present partners of UrbanHello.
- Improvement of the Website: UrbanHello may use Personal Data or non-personal information collected through use of the Website in order to help improve the Products or the Website.
- To present your data to you and to offer you innovative services.
- To improve UrbanHello's products and services.
- To communicate information to you.
- To produce statistics and/or aggregated data analyses.
Apart from where the law stipulates a specific period, we retain your personal data for a period not exceeding the period required for the purposes for which it was collected and processed. We therefore retain your personal data attached to your account until the account deletion.
It should be noted that the "cookies" are retained for less than one month.
The User may object to the registration of "cookies" by configuring his browser as follows:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 and 8.0
Choose the "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options", click on the "Confidentiality" tab, click on the "Advanced" button in the "Settings" section; in the window "Advanced confidentiality settings" untick the option "Override automatic cookie handling and always allow them"; to block all cookies tick the option "Override automatic cookie handling" then select the option "Reject". To make a choice for each website as and when it is accessed, choose the option "ask me". In the latter case, when websites using cookies are visited a "Confidentiality Warning" window will open asking you to accept or reject cookies.
For Netscape 6.X and 7.X:
Choose the menu "Edit">"Preferences", Confidentiality and Security”, then “Cookies”.
For Opera 6.0 and later versions:
Choose the menu "File">"Preferences" and “Privacy”.
Choose the menu "Tools", "Options", click on the "Privacy" icon, locate the "Cookies" menu and select the appropriate options.
For Google Chrome
On the toolbar click on the icon resembling a wrench, select "Options" or "Settings" or "Preferences", click on the "Advanced Options" tab, click on the "Content Settings" option under the "Confidentiality" option, then in the dialogue box click on the "Cookies" - "Cookies and website data" option then click on "Remove all".
For Safari 5x for Mac and Windows
Click on the "Safari" menu, select "Settings" (this first stage only applies in Windows), select "Preferences", click on "Confidentiality", then in the section "Cookies and other website data" click on "Remove all website data" and "Remove".
Links to other websites:
These confidentiality rules only apply to the Website and to the relationship between Internet users/Users and UrbanHello. The Website may contain links to other third party websites which are not monitored by UrbanHello. The confidentiality rules in this document do not apply to such third party websites.
The personal information collected by UrbanHello is protected by physical and logical security measures and is not disclosed to unauthorized parties.
Amendments to the Confidentiality Rules:
UrbanHello reserves the right to amend all or part of the Confidentiality Rules without notice.
In the event of any queries concerning the Confidentiality Rules of UrbanHello, please contact us at: [email protected]